You’ve heard about WordPress before. You may have even set up your own blog using this platform. But what if you want to delete your WordPress account and start fresh? This step-by-step guide will walk you through the process of deleting your account, removing any information from your site, and getting rid of old backups in just a few minutes.
Deleting your account
- First, go to the “Settings” tab of your WordPress account. If you don’t see this tab, click on “Account” at the top of the screen and then select “Settings.”
- Next, scroll down until you find the section labeled “Profile” and click on “Delete Profile.”
This will bring you to a page with two boxes: one for deleting your profile and one for deleting all your content. Leave the first box checked (to delete your account) and uncheck the second box (to keep all your content).
The process will now complete automatically.
Removing your information from the site
- First, login to your WordPress account.
- Next, go to the “Dashboard” tab on the left panel of your WordPress account.
- Scroll down to find “Settings.”
- Click on “General” in the left panel.
- Under “Site Information,” click on “Delete my site.”
- You’ll be asked to enter your password again. This is just a security measure so that you can confirm that you are indeed deleting your site. After clicking on “Submit,” you’ll see a window with information about how long it will take for your site to be removed from search engines.
A progress bar at the bottom of this window will let you know how far along the process is. Once it’s done, you will receive an email with instructions on what to do next with any content stored in backup files or with hosting providers if necessary.
Remove old backups
Before deleting your WordPress account and starting fresh, first, remove any backups you’ve saved, so you’ll start with a clean slate.
To do this:
1) Log into your WordPress account and go to “Settings”
2) Click on “Plugins”
3) Scroll down the list of plugins until you find the one called “BackupBuddy” (you may need to search for it by name)
4) Uncheck the box next to that plugin and click on “Update Options”
5) Click on the following link: https://backupbuddy.com/wordpress-core-and-core-plugins-backups and enter your login credentials (you can click the “Learn More” button under “Your WordPress Core and Core Plugins Backups“).
That is it on How To Delete Your WordPress Account: A Step-by-Step Guide. I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share it with your friends and loved ones so that they will also get to learn about it.