My life under threat, #OccupyLekki campaigner cries out » Bazefor9ja.ComBazefor9ja.Com
News

My life under threat, #OccupyLekki campaigner cries out

5 🕐 Min Read

 

One of the campaigners of the #OccupyLekkiTollgate, Kunle Ajayi, has lamented that his life is being threatened by suspected supporters of #DefendLagos.

 

Ajayi told our correspondent on the telephone on Friday that he had received many threat messages.

 

According to the activist, one of his attackers threatened to kill him if he attends the protest.

 

Ajayi, who shared some of the threat messages with our correspondent, however, said he was undaunted.

 

“After attending a live debate, I started receiving a series of threatening messages on social media and my phone. My life is being threatened. One threatened to kill me. He said I am a fool and my life is in his hand.

 

“I am only interested in ensuring justice. My concern is good governance but they want me dead,” he added.

 

Some youths had threatened to hold a fresh protest at the Lekki tollgate over plans to reopen it for operations.

It was gathered that they have begun to mobilise on social media with #RevolutionNow and #OccupyLekkiTollGate, with the matter trending as number one and three on Twitter.

 

Information on the online posters showed that the protest is planned to start at 7 am on Saturday, February 13, 2020.

 

Some of the posters have inscriptions such as “No justice, no reopening”, and “Occupy Lekki tollgate” among others.

 

Meanwhile, some youths have also announced plans to organise a counter-protest at the Lekki tollgate on Saturday, February 13.

The counter-rally, which is trending on Twitter as #DefendLagos and #DemNoBornYourPapaWell, is to protest against protesters of #OccupyLekkiTollGate.

The poster of counter-rally shared on social media showed that it is holding at the same venue and time as the one planned by the #OccupyLekkiTollGate protesters.

 

The Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry probing the alleged killing of #EndSARS protesters by soldiers at the Lekki tollgate had, on Saturday, approved the reopening of the tollgate.

 

However, four out of the nine members of the panel faulted the report of the forensic experts hired to comb the scene for evidence.

 

The four members who faulted the forensic report also rejected the application by the Lekki Concession Company, operator of the Lekki tollgate, to take possession of the facility, which had been shut down since the probe of the shootings started.

 

The four members who rejected the forensic report are the two representatives of the civil society – Mr Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa (SAN) and Ms. Patience Udoh; as well as the two youth representatives on the panel – Rinu Oduala and Temitope Majekodunmi.

 

But the chairman of the panel, retired Justice Doris Okuwobi, and four other members of the panel acceded to LCC’s request to repossess the tollgate.

 

The chairman was backed by Segun Awosanya (popularly known as Segalink), Oluwatoyin Odusanya (Director, Citizens Rights), DIG Taiwo Lakanu (retd.) (representing the police), and Lucas Koyejo (from the National Human Rights Commission).

 

 

Read More Latest Nigeria News At News.Bazefor9ja.Com

 14 total views,  2 views today

Share This Post

About the author

Simon Dahboss

Strictly For Biz, 08162470398 || Always Visit Bazefor9ja.Com For Latest Update News And Music | Simon Dahboss.

Leave a Comment

Open
Close